Friday 17 June 2016

The story so far

Avoiding EURO 2016: A self-experiment — Day Eight


Wow! It has been a week since the opening match already! And what I know for sure about the EURO 2016 matches is that:
  • It is held in France
  • The host nation played against Romania
  • Switzerland scored against Albania
  • Iceland drew against Portugal (and Ronaldo was angry)
  • Poland beat Northern Ireland by 1:0 (and Lewandowski was angry)
  • Germany played against Poland
  • Austria played or will play against Hungary
  • Wales will play against Russia
I don’t think I learned anything new about the tournament today. It was simply too busy at work, and during lunch, when one side of the table started talking football, I had the reflex to focus on the other side, discussing books.

Ironically, after one of my colleagues mentioned a dystopian book in which the World’s population (apart from one person of course) had gone blind, my contribution to the discussion was to recommend a play called ‘The Sightless’


No comments: