Sunday 8 January 2012

Aggression in Albania II: Home…

Part II of the touching and disquieting essay on aggression in Albania 1997, written by an anonymous 17-year old. The thesis of the essay is that ‘Everybody who is exposed to political violence, is psychologically traumatized’.

I was playing with my cat. It was the only thing I could do in peace when I was not reading any books. The school was closed because no one could secure the life of students. All the windows were blinded with shutters. Even the sun rays were rare during those days. I could hear shootings from all sides. They were very close. Indeed, no matter where you were in Albania, the shootings were very close. I could even hear the sound of a metal jacket hitting the ground after it was being fired by a Kalashnikov. I couldn’t think how bored I was for being locked within my home, for more than a month. I could only think how safe it was to be locked within my home for the months to come.

No comments: